1.24.2007

I did it! I ordered it!

Yes, it's true--I'm now anxiously awaiting the delivery of my iPod Shuffle. It's that cutie-pie little one that clips onto your clothes. I can't wait to get it!

I even managed to get myself out walking at lunch today just because I had ordered the shuffle gizmo before the end of my 4-week contract. I must admit it felt good to do the right thing, even though I had a miserable headache.

The problem with walking/blogging at lunch is that I have very little time left for knitting, so I don't have an awful lot to report on the knitting front.

I'm on the back neck shaping of my vest, which is exciting. I'm hoping to finish that tonight so I can get started on the front tomorrow morning.

Those plans might not come to fruition because I have sole custody of the Beast Child while Nerdy Hubby is in Washington, DC, assisting with Miller Center for Political Affairs oral history interviews. Nerdy Hubby is a doctoral candidate in American Political History and also works as a research assistant at the Miller Center.

Speaking of my Nerdy Hubby...he had an opinion piece published! Here it is. Go ahead and read it. I'll wait...

Isn't he smart? Doesn't he write beautifully? I think so!

So I'll be home alone (well, with the Beastie Boy for company) for 3 days. Sigh. I love the dog and love spending time with him, but he tends to get more riled up when I'm around than when he's with Nerdy Doggy Daddy. Why? Maybe because I stop what I'm doing to play with him rather than ignoring his attempts to play like Big Mean Doggy Daddy does. That might have something to do with it.

We're very lucky to have generous friends who live nearby who are willing to stop at our house today to let the poor pooch out and to feed him since I won't be home until well after Henry's bedtime.

Tomorrow, though, I'll be taking a big long lunch just to drive 25 miles one-way to let the dog out myself. Sheesh--pets! Hee hee. Honestly, I wish I could work it out so I could play with Henry at lunch every day. Wouldn't that be fun!

Oh--I've been meaning to write about my latest knitting recruit! Yup, another addict is coming up through the ranks here at the Nerdy Workplace. My friend, C, who has been curious about this knitting thing for quite some time, just decided to teach herself. She bought a book and figured it out all on her own. This was just a matter of months ago, mind you, and she's already made 2 scarves (while teaching herself to purl!) and has moved on to a children's sweater for her nephew! She's a wild woman, I tell you.

So now I have my college friend/sister-in-law-in-law, my friend from elementary school, and my work friend all addicted to knitting. I love how far and wide this is spreading, just in my little circle of friends. And that doesn't count the people who already know how to knit, like my friend Michelle, the knitting librarian (her blog is on my sidebar). Knitters are going to take over the world, and when we do--watch out!

So go start plotting what our first world domination move should be while I get back to work.

5 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nerdy Knitter!

I'm so impressed with the article! Very cool. And beautifully written.

I'm having a hard time coming up with 6 weird things. I may only post one weird thing.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Nerdy Knitter said...

Hee hee. He does write well, doesn't he? I know I could never do it! Good thing he's the student, huh?

Don't stress over the weird things list--no big deal. It sounded easy until I sat down to do it.

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on walking, getting an iPod, and managing car trips with the pooch.

Now we need some knitting and spinning pictures! And, Henry too.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh an ipod! I've been temped to get one to hook into the car stereo... have fun!!

LOL! is that like myspace for doggies?! too funny...

That was a really interesting article! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Nerdy Knitter said...

Hey, Pink Dandelion--Yes, dogster.com is a lot like MySpace for pooches. Too funny! At first I thought it was kind of weird to list "pals" for Henry, especially when he's never met them, nor will he ever have a chance to, but then I just threw in the towel and went with it. After all, they're just plain cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home