1.22.2007

iPod, here I come!

Yahoo! This is the beginning of my 4th week of walking 30 minutes 5 days/week! And that means...I get to order my iPod this week!!!!

Oh, wait, you think there should be knitting content here? Even when I have a major iPod-related celebration to post?

Okay, okay.

Here's my latest knitting news:

I'm making this vest (pdf file) with alpaca I bought at the 2006 Fall Fiber Festival at Montpelier (VA), and I love it! I hope I'm not going to jinx myself, but I've been measuring it agaainst a store-bought vest I like, and so far so good--it's about the same size, and I'm using it to gauge how long the body should be before the armholes, so it should fit kind of like the store-bought one which I really like.

The biggest part of this news is that (shh...don't spread this around) I knit a swatch! And I changed needle size as a result of the swatch, which I suppose means that knitting the swatch was a worthwhile endeavor. I guess. Maybe.

And, because I joined the Purling Pups web ring, I'm going to tell you all about our trip to Williamsburg this weekend. Well, not "all" about it, but the part about our super-star pooch making the trip like a champ. It's hard to believe that he used to drive us so crazy that we would turn around and go back home just to avoid spending any more time than absolutely necessary in the car with him. Yes, that very same pooch spent 2 hours in the car twice in one weekend, and never yipped or panted or drooled. Hooray for Henry! Hip-hip hooray!

Our secret? 1/5 the veterinarian-recommended dosage of sedative and liberal amounts of HomeoPet Motion Sickness drops. Oh, and pepperoni and kibble and 1/2 his normal amount of breakfast (to keep him interested in the kibble in the car). That's "all." And pretty much constant feeding in the car. That's the key. But he just lays himself down and watches his Nerdy Mommy, waiting for the next piece of kibble to come rolling down the seat.

I took photos of our happy boy, but they're not up yet. This week.

Now I have just 5 minutes to go figure out whether I'm done with the decreases for my armholes before I have to go back to work.

If any of you are interested in doing a really big favor for a nerdy college librarian, cross your fingers and toes for snow tonight. I know someone somewhere who might just like a snow day tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Krista said...

We did get snow, didn't we! Which library do you work at? I worked at Alderman 6-7 years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home