11.21.2006

Look what I got!

Ta-daaaaa!

Yup, that's an Ashford spinning wheel of my very own! My friend bought it thinking her friend would want it, but her friend didn't need it, so she naturally offered it to me, and I said YAHOO--yes!

I've had one whole lesson, and I think I'm getting the hang of the foot/hand coordination part (most folks would say I'm not the most graceful girl on the planet), so now it's a matter of practicing to get more consistency.

The biggest issue I have right now is the problem I have deciding whether I should knit or spin. But what a great problem to have!

2 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! I can't wait to see what you spin up. Have you tried Blue-faced Leicester (BFL) yet? It is a lovely and soft wool that drafts nicely. Perfect for new spinners.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun!!! Seems like EVERYBODY is getting into spinning anymore... guess it's no longer a lost art!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home