9.12.2006

One Finished Item...One Marvelous Finished Item...Two?

The title is my attempt at sounding like the Count from Sesame Street...but it's kinda difficult to do if you're only counting to 1.

But 1 is what I have. One what, you ask? One sock, of course!


Sock, the first

It's the Pomatomus pattern from Knitty, and it's done in Regia cotton sock yarn in the color 'Surf.' I'm taking a break from doing the second sock because I need to make a chemo turban for a colleague. I figure this break will make me more interested in completing Sock #2. Yes, it's true--I suffer from (dum-da-dum dum dummmm) Second Sock Syndrome. So a break between socks might be a good idea. Plus the chemo turban is 4x4 rib for 40" which is going to drive me absolutely batty. By the time I'm done with that, I'll be ready for a more challenging pattern.

I really liked knitting a lace sock; I haven't done one before. The only thing I would have liked to figure out is how to shorten the leg. But the pattern was new to me, and I wasn't quite sure how the lace pattern would work if I omitted any of the repeats. Maybe once I've made this pair I'll understand how the leg pattern matches up with the foot, and I'll be able to make modifications. We'll see.

Here's a close-up shot of the leg pattern, which I love, love, love!

Sock, the first, leg


And now, I'm going to get back to my thrill-a-minute 4x4 rectangle, which will someday (soon, I hope) become the Chemo Turban. I'm using Elann's yarn in a really beautiful color (I think it's Grand Canyon) that I think the recipient will enjoy wearing.

Happy Tuesday!

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my experience you could just leave out a full repeat and continue on as normal to shorten them. I haven't actually tried it, but there's no reason at all why it shouldn't work :-)

I've made two pairs of pomatomus and I'm always dreaming of making more, I'm a certified pomatomus addict...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home