8.10.2006

Long time no type!

Sheesh! I am the last person I would have expected to be so slow to update her blog, but life has just been busy, busy, busy, and I've been knitting instead of writing about my knitting.

So, time for a guessing game...guess what this is (before you follow the link to read my caption, people):


Kiri close-up

Sigh. I remember when I made the Faroese Flower Shawl, I learned an important lesson: working a shawl from the narrowest point to the widest point isn't such a fun thing for me...knowing that every row brings more knitting is not fun. So why in heaven's name did I do it again?! Because
Kiri (pdf file) is so pretty, and my yarn is so pretty...they belong together, honest. So prepare yourselves for some whining, and some avoidance somewhere along the line...

And, in other nerdy knitting news: I finished the long-awaited wedding gift project!!!! Yup, the top-secret gift is complete, and will be given to my friend, E, tomorrow. I can't wait!

Knowing that my friend, E has no clue that I have a blog, I feel comfortable sharing a photo of the finished item(s):


The wedding gift project is complete!


The yarn is a
recycled cotton yarn from K1C2. My friends are very environmentally conscious people, and I think they'll appreciate knowing that recycled yarn was used. It was really nice to knit with, although in the last batch before I finished, the main color (the reddish-looking one), one of the fine threads that makes up the finished yarn was often snagged and twisted so that it would stick out like a pull in clothes. I just kept knitting along because I didn't want to cut it, but didn't know what else to do. Now that I'm done, I think I'm going to go along and try to pull at that strand somewhere a little farther along the row and see if I can fudge it a little. I hope it works!

And, last but not least (before I have to go back to work after my lunchtime has vanished into thin air), a photo of one of Henry's play pals, Yelli. Sigh. He's the cutest little (and I mean it--he's only 10-15 pounds, compared to Henry's almost-60) guy. Look at that face! How could you not love him?!



Yelli, Henry's pal


Oh, he sweet as can be!

Enjoy.

Oh, before I go...my secret pal emailed yesterday to tell me the coooolest thing! She's designing something JUST FOR ME, and she's going to name it after me when she's done with it! How cool is that?!?!? So much for being a nerdy knitter--I'm going to be the coolest knitter around, with a custom-designed pattern named after me. Thanks in advance, Mizzem!

And (I know, I have to go, I have to go...one more thing, honest)--I finally "revealed myself" to my One Skein secret pal,
Beth. We've so enjoyed getting to know each other--she's a librarian, too, which is so cool! We're looking forward to chatting more now that we don't have to deal with my secret identity, etc.

Okay, now I'm going. Honest.

Happy Thursday!

1 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Mary said...

That placemat doesn't even look knitted -- it looks woven! What kind of stitch did you use?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home