6.12.2006

A little tour through my finished knitting

This is to distract you from the fact that I've got far too many unfinished projects going...

This is the
Lucy Neatby Faroese Flower Shawl I made last year. The yarn is Palette from Knit Picks.

The front of my shawl

And here's the back:

Lucy Neatby's Flower Garden Faroese Shawl

This is a sweet, ruffly shawl I made from some handspun (I think?) alpaca I bought years ago at a NoSo Knits function in Roanoke. I can't remember who did the pattern right now, and I'm not at home so I can't look. Sorry.

Alpaca Wrap, front

And this is one of my favorite things--a stole made from rayon seed yarn that's a gorgeous combination of candy apple red and cotton candy pink. Sigh. I splurged and spent a birthday gift certificate on a huge hank of it and then spent months and months deliberating over what to make. It all came down to finding something that would show how beautiful the yarn is. The problem? I haven't worn it because it doesn't actually keep me warm and I don't dress up very often...I guess now I need to shop to find "the" outfit to go with my fancy stole!

My never-worn red wrap

Isn't it great? I just love that yarn! Here's a close-up:

Close-up of my beautiful yarn/wrap

Isn't it beautiful? Or are you someone who thinks pink and red clash, no matter what? I have a friend like that, so every time I see pink and red together, I think of her and giggle.

5 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Mary said...

All very nice! :-)

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Mary said...

All very nice! :-)

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Just wanted to say hello from Charlottesville! A friend sent me to your site, since I didn't know any other Cville bloggers. I noticed you were a librarian. A lot of knitters seem to be librarians too (including me). I'll visit often!

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! They are all so pretty. I am partial to the yellow faroese shawl, but that is my favorite color. :-)

Red and pink absolutely, positively do NOT clash!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I have the pattern to that Faroese shawl, but it is so overwhelming! The directions have me wondering if I need a degree in some ancient translation studies to understand. Your shawl is gorgeous :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home