5.30.2006

Avoiding? Me?


Distraction project
Originally uploaded by Nerdy Knitter.

So, I was supposed to have a completed wedding gift by this past Sunday...note the key phrase "supposed to" there.

Well, I started this project for no particular person out of yarn I just bought (rather than using stash yarn like a good little nerd). Lo and behold, the no-recipient-in-mind stole is complete.

You can't see it from the photo, but there are "stripes" in reverse stockette stitch and then broader stripes of garter stitch. The stripes in the photo are actually my decking showing through the fabric.

The yarn is hand-dyed wool/mohair boucle I bought from Mohair in Motion at Maryland Sheep & Wool just 3 weeks ago. Obsessed? I don't think so (although Nerdy Hubby might have something to say about that)!



Ah, to live on 4000 acres!
Originally uploaded by Nerdy Knitter.

Speaking of that wedding...here's some "eye candy" from the event.

Every once in awhile, I'm just struck by how incredible it is that we live in such a gorgeous neck of the woods (or mountains, as the case may be). This photo was taken at my friend's wedding at an historic home not 30 minutes away from our house. Isn't it amazing? I can't even wrap my nerdy little brain around the idea of living with and owning 4000+ acres of land. How you even maintain acreage like that, I don't know. But I'm sure glad these folks do it--it's breathtaking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home