6.05.2006

My brush with fame

A knitting shop dog

This is Homer, the guard dog at the Yarn Lounge in Richmond, VA. Homer is an excellent pooch, but he has one "minor" problem for a guard dog: he's afraid of people. The poor guy was a little overwhelmed by the number of people who came to the shop to meet...WENDY!

Yes, that
Wendy!

I was surprised that I was able to just walk right up to her and chat; she didn't have any security to protect her from stalkers like me, and she didn't seem to mind making conversation with a complete stranger (albeit a friendly, enthusiastic knitter). I managed to keep my gushing to a minimum (I think), and didn't blather on about too many weird things (I hope).

She even asked L-B (yes, that L-B to take a photo of us together, using her own camera and mine.

So here's my camera's file:


My brush with fame

I wonder if Wendy will post her version on her blog...

I'm seen here wearing my Ene's Scarf from Scarf Style, which Wendy promptly took from my shoulders to admire--imagine, a super-star knitter examining my knitting! It wasn't until after she returned it to me that I noticed the huge, honking end still sticking out of the back of the scarf! You see, I have a fear of trimming ends too close, so most of my handknit items look a little prickly because of the ends I leave dangling. I need to get over this fear, I know, but I don't know quite how to go about doing that. It's irrational, and I know it, but that doesn't help me get past my comfort zone.

When I told Wendy I'd started a blog, she asked if there was any knitting content...that stumped me for a bit--I guess there is, here and there, right? Right???

So now I'll need to make more of an effort to get some knitting stuff going in each entry...the pressure's on!

2 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you,Judy! Give that road up Afton a big hug for me!

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, you are cute! And she did post her picture of you!

Pal M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home