9.27.2006

Second sock on the way

I don't have any snazzy photos today, but I do have knitting news:

1. Sock #2 is well on its way to becoming a finished object. Yup. Honest. I'll show photos to prove it.

2. I spent hours organizing my printed web patterns into binders and clear plastic sleeves...I'm such a nerdy knitter! And I couldn't be happier, so there. What was really surprising was how many patterns I have accumulated, and how many of them are for things I have previously vowed never to knit (socks, scarves, shawls, wraps, capes, gloves...the list is a long one).

3. I joined the Sock Wars and have received my assignment...a woman in California who has SIZE 11 FEET!!!!!!! For those of you who haven't heard of the Sock Wars, let me just say it's basically a race to finish a pair of socks before the person assigned to me finishes the socks intended for me and my little 7.5-size feet. What are the chances I'm going to finish a pair of size 11 (eleven, people!) socks before someone does the ones for me? Zilch, I say. But I'm going to give it the old college try. I'm a little behind already because I decided to order yarn on elann instead of going to my LYS. But I bought nice, nice yarn, and it was a bargain, so I'm going to wait on the shipment. If it doesn't come by this weekend, I'll go to my LYS and use the elann yarn for myself later.

4. My knitting pal in NZ (Hi, N!) celebrated her birthday on Monday, and the parcel I sent to her sat unopened in her house until the end of the day...how does she do that? Where did she get such restraint? Why don't I have it? We have so much in common, I would have expected her to react the way I would: open that sucker the minute it arrives, baby.

5. My friend, D, whom I have known since 4th grade is coming for a visit in two weeks. Why? Besides to see me, she has requested (yes, it was her idea) a (wait for it...) KNITTING WEEKEND! Never one to disappoint my friends, I have agreed to take dear D to the local Fiber Festival. I'm such a good friend. Nothing is too good for my pal. I sacrifice so much to do what my friend wants to do...sigh. Hee hee hee. I love the Fall Fiber Festival, and love taking new converts to browse. It's just the right size for a rookie--not too big to overwhelm all of the senses, but not so small that there won't be anything to tempt even a new knitter. Fun! I don't know whether I'll be in a position to buy anything, but I'll definitely enjoy seeing the beautiful things and cooing over furry critters. Plus this year, I've got it on good authority that Bess is going to be there, and while we've corresponded by email, we've never met. I'd like to meet her and chat with her about being a librarian knitter.

And, since I'm talking about Bess, here's a quiz I took from a link on her blog. Enjoy!





You Aren't A Diva



You don't like to cause a fuss or draw attention to yourself.

You're easygoing, and you can even put up from diva behavior from others.

This makes you everyone's favorite trusty companion.

But watch out - it could also make you their favorite dormat.

Are You a Diva?

3 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of fiber . . .

Maia, not so subtle in her size 11 feet.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Did you know there's another (former) librarian knitter/blogger in your neck o' the woods? She's also going to the FFF. Her blog is: http://nakedsheep.blogspot.com/

I'm going, too, and I know Bess, too! Here's hoping I'll run into you and get to meet you! :-)

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Allegra said...

I totally organize my printed knitting patterns the same way! I have a TON I need to print and organize right now. I have two binders full already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home