12.16.2006

Pictures, finally

Guess what this is? It's my very first skein! Isn't it adorable? I think so, at least. Hee hee hee.


Look what I did!

And here we have proof that I went nuts with knitting cotton for Christmas. It's a variety of washcloths with a bib hanging on the chair.

Christmas gifts, oh my!

And here, for my viewing pleasure, is our adorable boy. Oh, how I love my cute little guy. Isn't he the sweetest-looking pooch? Okay, so he's only still like this when he's sleeping, but even so...look at the cute paws and legs. And that peaceful little face. Every time Henry sleeps like this, Nerdy Hubby says something about how spoiled our pooch is. Hmph! Hee hee.

Ah, this is the life

And this stack is the felted section of my knitting history. The purse on the chair is supposed to be tote bag-size when finished...um...this is about 9" tall (and I think that's being generous, and probably including the top side of the handle). Oh, the hat isn't felted, but it didn't belong in the cotton group, so I put it here. It's made from gorgeous merino my NZ friend, N, sent. I love its cushiness! It was really fun to knit with that yarn. The colors are all a little washed-out/over-exposed. The hat is much darker and the colors are a lot more muted than what you see in the photo. It's very subtle.

Felting craziness

What cracks me up about this photo is that Henry's hair is visible inside the cuff of the mitten--how did that happen?! Just proof that his hair is everywhere, even in my washed-twice-in-the-washing-machine felted mitten!

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Allegra said...

Wow! Everything looks great! Congrats on your first skein!

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I love seeing your spinning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home