5.17.2008

Henry's new best friend

This is Pete, Henry's new best friend. There's a long story about how Pete came to be Henry's new best friend, but I'll save you the pain of reading the whole thing. Suffice it to say that there's no leash law in our county, and Pete lives about .5 miles from our house. He & Henry have met twice now, and love to run around together. But the funniest thing about this new relationship? Pete comes to me when I call him! Henry? Not so much. How do I know? Henry decided to go swimming in our stream when Pete was visiting. Henry went splashing all over, completely ignoring my calls. Pete came the first time I called him. Yup. The new dog did what he was told. Our dog didn't. Maybe Pete's presence will help teach Henry by example...or not.

The worst part of this new friendship is that when we decide it's time to back inside, Pete sits outside, waiting to be let in, or for Henry to come back. It's pitiful. I had to hide myself so he wouldn't see I was right inside the house. This is what he did when I went inside. He stayed that way for a good 10 minutes, then moved around to the other side of the house & hung out on the lawn for another 10 minutes or more. I think he headed towards home around dinner time. He's no dummy. And he's just so darned cute--I love him! I'm hoping we'll be able to continue this cute friendship without causing any grief for us or Pete's family. We're out of town this weekend, so Pete might come over & discover an empty house, and decide not to return. We'll see what happens next week.
Meanwhile, on the knitting front, I finished the Neverending Sweater!!!! I haven't had a chance to take a photo, but it's complete, including steeks and finishing, and blocking. Yahoo! It looks very nice, if I do say so myself. I also finished the skirt/wrap for my friend. Also no photo (it rained for almost a solid week...no good light). I'm 3/4 finished with a gift for my friend whose birthday was Thursday. And I'm working away on a secret gift for a friend.
I didn't take a photo at all, but I also made a simple, garter-stitch kitchen mat for my friend who just graduated with her master's degree--yahoo!!!
My parents visited last week, and while they were with us, Nerdy Mommy & I managed to sneak away for a lovely knitting visit with my friend, J, and another friend, C. Then, much to our surprise, our friend, E, who wasn't supposed to be available, showed up. We had a grand time knitting, chatting, and eating snacks from the Batesville Store's very own bakery department. Yummy!
Oh, and there's really big knitting news in the Nerdy Mommy household: Nerdy Mommy is going to knit a Hannah Falkenberg sweater for Mimi, the owner of the Needle Lady in Charlottesville! Nerdy Mommy's project is to knit "Ballerina" in "not a week, but not a year." I think she can do that. It's a lovely combination of sage green and charcoal/black. The pattern is basically all garter stitch, on size 2 or 3 needles. Yikes! That would take me close to a year, I think.
I've been on vacation for the past week--lots of knitting, lots of finishing, and lots of tv/couch time. Not so much blogging...too painful to do on dial-up internet. But now we're in New York State visiting friends who have a "normal" internet connection, so I'm trying to catch up.
I think that's all of the news at the moment. It's beautiful and sunny outside and we're in a lovely place with friends who have a brand-new baby boy. So cute! Henry loves to lick babies' faces, and Jake is no exception--Henry walked right up to his little seat & slurped him across the face. Jake is a trooper and didn't even seem to care. Pretty impressive.
But I think I hear the little guy moving around, so I'm going to go visit with him. I'll post more photos when I've got them.


1 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

Poor Pete. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home