3.25.2008

Neverending Sweater update

Phew--I've been working like a dawg (are dogs such hard workers, really?), and have progress to show for the effort:











That's about 18" of the body, and up to an elbow of 1 sleeve. Am I bored? Am I sick of the 16" needle I'm using for the sleeve? I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might get back to the recipient. :-)

Speaking of hard-working dogs, take a gander at how hard our beasty-boo works:










This is probably gross to most of you, but can you see the bubble coming from his jowls? That just cracks me up!

While we're on the topic of the Beast...I'm seriously considering taking him to see the in-laws and the nephews this weekend...2 hours in the car, just me & the Beast. Am I crazy for thinking this could be possible?

If I don't go, Nerdy Hubby gets to go & see the family for 3.5 days. I would get no family time. If I go, I spend 2 hours in the car (each way) with a dog who doesn't travel well, but I get to see the boys and the rest of the family.

Here are the issues: I have to be somewhere that will leave me out of the house 8:30am-4:30pm on Saturday. Nerdy Hubby will already be with his family. The Beast will be home, conserving all of his energy for my return. (He usually gets 2 20-30-minute play sessions a day just to keep him sane...he won't have those because I'll be out.) The sedative we give him for trips in the car takes 90 minutes to hit. That means, even if I gave him his meds as soon as I got home, I wouldn't be able to leave until 6:00, getting me to the in-laws at 8:00. He does travel better in the dark, but it's getting dark so much later that even that won't help me much.

My work schedule allows me to stay with the in-laws until pretty late Sunday night, or even very early Monday morning. So I would still have a good amount of time to visit with everyone.

I guess it all comes down to how brave I feel...we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Meanwhile, it's back to the Neverending Sweater, v2.0.

3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

I would rather risk the sick than the insane dog personally. Good luck whichever way!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Nerdy Knitter said...

I'm leaning toward going...I'll try to exercise him before I leave in the morning, then come home & drug him right away, then exercise him again, then load him into the car.

I'd hate to miss the nephews' birthday party because of a problematic pooch!

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Bess said...

Good luck and happy family time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home