2.10.2008

Knitter down

Well, I've fallen, and I can't get up (so to speak): I have hurt the muscles in my neck so severely that knitting (and typing, really) aren't feasible. So here's a quick update:


1. The neverending sweater for Nerdy Hubby is blocking to make sure it stretched enough to fit him like a top layer instead of like a shirt (forgot about ease in doing my calculations!).

2. I can't knit right now.

3. The baby booties were a big hit, and they fit:




The booties are hard to see since the soles are dark blue, but they're there, honest. And that's the proud papa you see there--he's Nerdy Hubby's good friend, and we're thrilled for the happy family.

No other news as I'm going to be without knitting for some days now. Sigh.

First it was the week-long cold (which meant lots of couch/knitting time, which led to the current situation), and now it's the who-knows-how-long neck injury. Grr.

So there might not be much to post for a few days. Happy February--hope yours is better than mine so far!

7 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Kathleen C. said...

My neck tends to feel muscle stresses easily... I know how debilitating that can be.
Try moist warm heat and *gentle* slow stretches. Emphasizing the gentle and slow. Don't go too far... just to the point of feeling the strain (*not the pain*!) hold for a count of ten, and then slowly release.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Bess said...

Ooooo. I am so sorry you're injured. Injuries are so depressing as it is but it's doubly so when it stops you from knitting.

Sending you get well quick juju honey.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you're hurt! What happened? I agree that heat is awesome for sore necks (wine's not bad, either). Feel better soon, and let me know if I can do anything. Healing thoughts coming your way!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Just remember to take it easy! We can wait for knitting.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Just remember to take it easy! We can wait for knitting.

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

Ouch! I feel for you, really. My back seized up this week and it was awful (but at least I could still knit). I recommend lots of pain killers/anti-inflammatory meds, heat and rest. Get well soon!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger rita said...

*squeal* My sisters and I love love love Afton! We spend about one weekend a year there just to destress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home