12.03.2007

Sharing birthdays is fun

My birthday was Saturday (yahoo!), and our friends' little guy's 1st birthday was Sunday, so we went to Maryland to see the birthday boy and his family. Before we left, Nerdy Hubby & I celebrated my birthday a day early by going out to the very same restaurant we go to every Friday night. Sigh. We decided it was our favorite for a reason, and that's where we wanted to go, so we went. Not very glamorous, but oh so yummy.

Plus, we went out in Baltimore with our friends & had a fancier (Indian) dinner on Saturday. So I got the best of both worlds, really.

Here's a sample of my birthday loot:

Happy birthday to me

I got flowers and tickets to see "White Christmas" on the big screen, complete with a dinner date and a little shopping, from Nerdy Hubby. A beautiful pottery bowl & cool-as-heck bamboo sewing needles from my friend J and her hubby. And a fizzy bath "bomb" to make me smell good. And money. And cards. And flowers...and lots of emails & phone calls. I'm a lucky nerd!

Meanwhile, part of my birthday wish was to go to see our friends & their family, which we did.

I had a chance to do some photography sessions with knitted items on display. Here's the Wonderful Wallaby I made last year, now finally the right size for its recipient:

Cheese

And here's the one I just made, for the birthday boy:

What a cutie!
It was nice to see something I made fit for once--the sleeves are a tad long, but other than that, it fits very nicely. Phew!


And then, on a different (knitting) note, here's the hat I finished last week. It's from the 2007 Holiday edition of Interweave Knits. The pattern is something like Koolhauss, but I forget the exact spelling. The yarn is Kid Hollow Farms sock yarn in "Blue Black." I love the colors!



A pretty hat

Now I'm working on my sample/test knitting project for Lorna's Laces. I'll post photos when I can.

Happy early December, everyone. Brrr!



2 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

Nice work! I love your colour choices.

Glad you had a happy birthday too. It sounds wonderful!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Happy Belated Birthday. It is such fun getting lovely presents. Love all your knitting projects.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home