10.24.2007

three guesses

What do you think this is?


Everlasting Bagstopper inside detail

If you guessed a lacy hat for spring, you're wrong. Try again.

If you guessed a flirty lace skirt, you're oh so wrong!



What's that? You're guessing an Everlasting Bagstopper? Ding! Ding! Ding! You are correct! Well, mostly correct. You see, I used freebie yarn with no label, so I wasn't sure how much of it I had...that meant I made my bag a lot shorter than the one in the pattern, which also meant that I didn't use the drawstring & toggle used in the pattern.

But I did add cute handles:


Everlasting Bagstopper handle detail

Wanna see the whole thing? Unfortunately, the photo is a little blurry because the bag was swinging back and forth when I took the photo. It might look perfect if you squint just a bit when you look at the photo...give it a try.

Everlasting Bagstopper (blurry)

I'm really thrilled with this little project. I have another "cake" of this yarn in a cream color; I think I'm going to make the very same project, complete with the same handles. Although this time, I really will use the sewing machine to sew the ribbon to the webbing (provided I can thread the machine...).

I don't have any other knitting-related news--I'm working away on Clue 3 of the Secret of the Stole mystery knitalong. I'm still in love with my yarn. Not so sure about the pattern yet. I'm reserving judgement until the whole thing is complete. I wasn't sure about the MS3 stole, and I ended up really liking it. So who knows? I might love the finished thing. I looove my yarn--have I mentioned that?

Before I go, a "before" photo of the Beast Who Ran Away (not forever, "just" for 10 minutes):

When will someone love me?

Doesn't he look calm and happy? What a charade! Less than 24 hours later, he was running through the woods, wearing a 25-foot-long leash, fording a stream, chasing who knows what smell...finally returning, soaked from head to toe. The worst part of all of that is forcing oneself to be cheerful & excited when he returns (so as to avoid teaching him that returning home is bad). Meanwhile, we're muttering bad things under our breath. (What would we do if we couldn't talk to ourselves?) Needless to say, the Beast had a good bath, leaving silt, burrs, and more than a few hairs, in our tub. But he's happy as a clam, completely unaware his behavior caused any concern whatsoever. What a beast! I'm sure he's doing his best to keep Big Mean Doggy Daddy on his toes today. If you get a second, send some good behavior vibes to Nerdy House. Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Bess said...

Oh - he is such a labBADor dog! sigh. and he looks so innocent. oh he needs a hug. poor widdle baybeee...

see how they do it - even a photograph makes one get all soppy!

good dog vibes on the way toot sweet.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

BAD DOG. Oh well, at least the Labradorker will have burned some calories. If he's anything like mine was though, he'll make sure he covers the lost ones within a day at the latest. Excerise just means one can eat even more food, yes?

*sending good dog vibes*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home