9.08.2007

UFOs sited in Virginia!

UFOs sited in Virginia

From left to right we have:

1. the WIP baby sweater for friends whose baby is due in February (I'm ahead of the game on that one!).
2. the orange/green thing is a lovely seed-stitch scarf made using the yarn I received from N. It's thick-and-thin, and looks lovely in seed stitch.
3. the little cream thing with what looks like red stripes is my MaryElla bracelet. It's all done, but the snaps need to be moved to fit my wrist a little snugger.
4. the pale purple mound is the Trellis Scarf from IK. It's all done except the blocking. I think the blocking will be really important for this project because the diamonds aren't quite showing the way they do in the magazine.
5. The darker mound is my Mystery Stole 3 project--all complete except the blocking.
6. the little cream strip is a Perdita bracelet from Knitty that I made (and blocked) ages ago, but never sewed buttons on...the buttons are on, but now it needs some more blocking.
7. the other orange/green thing is a smaller version of Calorimetry from Knitty. I gave the original to a friend before I took any photos, but I'm hoping I'll see her wearing it and get to take a photo then. My version needs the 2 ends sewn in. I don't think it really needs to be blocked.

Phew! That's the whole stack. Sadly, that stack has been sitting on my coffee table for a week or more. Wait--more, definitely, because I was away for a good portion of last week...
Where was I, you ask?

Here's a hint:

Sunsets in Florida

We went to sunny Florida for the long Labor Day weekend. Yahoo! Nerdy Brother-in-law and sister-in-law-in-law live in the Tampa area, and we spent a fabulous weekend with them. We went to 3 beaches, to an aquarium, to many, many restaurants, and--here's a shocker--to a yarn shop. A good time was had by all (even the Beast, who was with his grandparents, eating steak for dinner, while we were sunning ourselves in the tropics).

Speaking of the beast, here's a photo Nephew#3 took of him when the boys visited last month. I love it because Henry looks so relaxed and happy. Isn't he just adorable? So darn cute!

Give a boy a camera, and this is what you get

2 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Blogger Bess said...

Oooo. I can't wait to see your Mystery3 Stole.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Becka said...

Wow, that is quite a pile, can't wait to see them all blocked and prepared, lol!
Oh...I LOVE Tampa, and I believe they have a few very nice yarn shops in and around the city!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home