7.07.2007

Here I sit...

I'm sitting here, in my office, with my computer connected to the phone line, "surfing" (more like crawling when you're on dial-up), and looking around my office at the stacks of books, and other things, that need organizing.

But my desk is functional, which is the best part. Still no photos as it's not presentable to the public yet.

Meanwhile, I'm working away at Clue #2 in Mystery Stole #3, and should have a photo of that by Monday.

If you haven't heard, the Yarn Harlot (I can't do hyperlinks on my mac, but here's her blog: http://yarnharlot.ca/blog) joined last week, which brought the knit along to a whole bunch of her readership. The total number of participants is way up in the 6000s! And I know 3 of those participants personally (not including Nerdy Knitter herself, but obviously, I know myself fairly well...hee hee). Very fun!

Meanwhile, knitting on the vest continues--I don't know how I did it, but I didn't do enough armhole decreases, even though I read, re-read, and re-re-read the instructions, and created a chart to track all of the different shaping directions (the directions are brief at best--the armhole shaping says "AT THE SAME TIME, start v-neck shaping," and then in the v-neck shaping paragraph, there's another direction to watch for time to do the back neck shaping...it's a lot for one nerdy brain). So now I'm hoping that doing 2 additional armhole decreases, 14-15 rows apart won't look too weird once it's all said and done. I don't think it will be that obvious, or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Only time will tell.

Speaking of time--i've got to go! It's time to take the Beast Child to Obedience Class #5 (out of a total of 6). Today's lesson? Door Behavior. Hmm...we don't really have that down yet, but it's difficult when you live in the country & don't have any visitors to use as guinea pigs. Anyone want to come to the Nerdy House and just drive in the driveway, then leave, then drive in the driveway, then leave? That's what we're supposed to be doing to teach Beasty Boy to go in his crate when visitors arrive. So come on down, everybody! I'll be in my office...

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I owuld help, but I suspect I am a bit far away....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home