6.06.2007

More photos, less chat

Well, in my rush to show you where we went last weekend, I failed to post the best photos.

We chose to go to Nags Head because:



  • it's a decent distance from our house (4-5 hours by car)
  • it's in the same direction as the Nerdy In-Laws' house (they're our dog sitters)
  • Nerdy Knitter (yes, yours truly) had never set foot (or knitting needle) in the state of North Carolina
  • Nerdy Hubby loves being near water
Without further delay, here's a small photo tour of our activities:

This is the "Downeast Rover" tall ship, offering tours--complete with pooch, Schooner!


This is just one view of a section in the Elizabethan Garden on Roanoke Island. They have about a mile of paths to wander, with formal and not-so-formal gardens (I bet you can't guess which one this is).


We went to Pea Island where we went for a small nature walk and saw hordes (well, more than 20, at least) of turtles in a little swamp/inlet. These were the easiest to photograph because they weren't submerged, but trust me--I counted at least 20 turtles!


The weater changed dramatically by Sunday morning; we woke up to wind and rain and talk of a tropical storm. We went to the beach when the rain stopped, and saw this:


And last, but not least (for a knitting blog) is a photo of the progress I made on my Ron Schweitzer vest. I'm done with the ribbing, and have done about 5 or 6 rows of the body so far. The colors are pretty accurate, but a little lighter than reality.

I was writing this on my lunch hour when our computers went off--argh! But you've gotten the highlights--nothing more to see here. Move on, folks. But y'all come back, 'kay?

3 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! (the progress on your vest) I'm glad that you have started this now - it will look beautiful on you...or was it for nerdy hubby?

nerdy mom

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing the pics.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Bess said...

Happity happy anniversary. Aren't those Elizabethan gardens magnificent?!? I adore them. I was just thinking I needed to set up a trip down there. I am aching for ocean views and beach walks.

Glad you had a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home