7.23.2007

Inside-out

This is what my vest looked like when I'd finished the knitting. (It's a lot like a pillow case, with a few extra holes in it.)






And this is the inside of the very same vest, complete with stray ends sticking out behind the steek.


Since taking those photos, yours truly has officially CUT the steeks, picked up the stitches, and done button holes. Now "all" I have left is to trim all of those ends from the steeks, tack down the steek flaps, sew the button band facing, overstitch the bottom of the button band, overstitch the button holes, and sew on the buttons. Gee, that's a piece of cake, no? I'll be done in the blink of an eye! NOT!!!



Meanwhile, because I'm really bad at doing the finishing parts of any project, I've done what any good Nerdy Knitter would do: I've started another project! But this one is a "stealth" project, so I can't tell you what it is yet. Soon...I have to finish it and send it to its recipient before I can discuss it.


I can say that the pattern is from Mason Dixon Knitting, and I love the way it looks so far. How's that for a tease?

I spent the entire weekend glued to one particular couch cushion, knitting and listening to a book on tape (not a particularly good one, but it kept my mind occupied). I finished two weeks' worth of my Mystery Stole3 clues, so now I won't have any more to do for another 2 weeks. Sigh. Sometimes it's good to stretch these things out...a lesson I learned too late to make it worth anything to me.
I haven't taken photos of the stole in its current state, but believe me when I say it's lovely. There's a very real mystery with this pattern--we were instructed to insert a lifeline (a piece of thread/dental floss run along a row of lace to use for emergencies, in case you have to undo multiple rows of knitting--it stops your runaway stitches) at a particular place. That's odd, yes, but we've all done it "because Melanie said so." THEN, there's a subtle change in the stitch pattern that makes me wonder about what's coming next. You see, ever since the very beginning of the stole, there has been a verticle column of yarnovers a few stitches in from the edge on both sides...the very last row of our most recent clue doesn't have any yarnovers! So what's going to happen next?! I want to know!

I hate being forced to wait for something that has me curious--there's no way for me to cheat to get the answer to this mystery--I just have to wait like the rest of the MS3 knitters. No fair, I say!

I'll try to take photos of the MS3 project, of my vest in its current nothing-sewn-in-place state, and of a tiny portion of the stealth project.


Meanwhile, it's back to work, people. Nothing more to see here.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow, that vest is tremendous!! I'm so impressed!! I'm almost done with the first ms3 chart from Friday, but still have a lot to go. We listened to Harry Potter on cd all weekend and I thought I'd get a lot of knitting done, but I did puzzles instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home