7.31.2007

Ta-daa!

Hooray--I'm finished with my vesty-vest! Yup, even sewing in the ends, whip stitching the facings, sewing down the steeks, sewing the buttons in place, AND blocking. I'm D.O.N.E. done!


Want proof? Here it is:



Details of this project are slim--it was a kit from Yarns International. As far as I know, it's only available as a kit. The yarn is shetland, I think, but where it originates, I'm not sure. It's hairy and sticky (I didn't even reinforce the steeks before I cut them, and nothing unraveled).

I also finished my "stealth" project, but I haven't sent it to its recipient, so no photos of the completed item yet.

I spent hours and hours trying to find just the right project to do to follow this major accomplishment, and I have to say nothing feels quite right. I'm going to start a scarf from IK, or maybe a pair of socks. I'm in one of my creative funks where I need to be doing something artsy, and, while I love my knitting, it's not quite the same as drawing or painting or playing my flute, so I might just need to take a knitting break (gasp!) to do something else for a day or so. We'll see. Meanwhile, I'm going to celebrate the completion of my very first fair isle / steek project. As luck would have it, my workplace is uber-cold, so I might just get to wear it this week. Yahoo!

1 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Wow! That is quite a project you have completed! It is simply beautiful! Congrats on a job well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home