9.17.2007

photos (or, proof that UFOs don't exist)

Blocking and finishing was the name of the game last week. Don't believe me? Here's the proof:








This is my Mystery Stole #3, which has a swan wing on one end, and a lovely lacy point on the other end. The middle is a field of "flowers" (otherwise known as Cat's Paw).

Here's the vest I made for Afghans for Afghans...all it needed was 6 buttons. Done!



Afghans for Afghans...well, vests, at least

Here's the bracelet (MaryElla) I sent to our friend who's expecting her first baby:





MaryElla redux, II

Here's the Trellis Scarf from IK (Sorry the photo's not so great--I was in a rush to get it taken before I left for work):

Trellis Scarf

I'm sure you're all wondering what I could possibly be doing with all of my time now that I've completed all of these things. Never fear--I've got a few projects in the works. The one I'm most obsessed with right now is the Swallowtail Shawl from IK. Here's my progress:

Swallowtail Shawl

And last, but definitely not least, is Nerdy Mommy, in her natural state: knitting. The beast at her side is just an afterthought...he'd had a play session with his pal, Diddy, and collapsed like a doll on Nerdy "Grandma" on the couch. How cute is that?! I'm sure the knitters reading this blog are wondering what project is on Nerdy Mommy's needles, so I'll tell you--it's the Moonlight Sonata shawl from Elann. The designer has graciously given Nerdy Mommy permission to donate the shawl for fundraising at Nerdy Daddy's church.



Nerdy Mommy & her new best friend

Nerdy Parents were with us for the weekend, and we had a lovely visit. We managed to do nothing, and something, all in one weekend. Now they're flying back to their Nerdy Parental house, and I'm back at work. Sigh. At least I have my shawl to keep me company. And the photo of Nerdy Mommy's "If You Take That Photo, I'll Kill You" face. Hee hee hee.

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Bess said...

Wow you have been busy. Everything looks great. And tell Nerdy Mama that a cute white dog makes everyone look good.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Quite the finishing spree you are on! Must be a great feeling. Not that I'll ever know...

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe you published that photo for the whole world to see! Nerdy Mother isn't pleased! We did have a lovely visit and Nerdy Knitter's work is gorgeous! I'm so proud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home