10.01.2007

two weeks seems to be my best bet

So my dreams of posting every day are just that: dreams.

Meanwhile, here's what I've got to show:

I love Malabrigo!

That's a close-up of my newly-completed Swallowtail Shawl.

Here's the whole thing:

Swallowtail Shawl, part 2

And here's what I've done so far on the now-named "Never-Ending Baby Blanket" :

Never-ending baby blanket

I finished the Pinwheel Baby Blanket pattern, but knew going into it that I would want to do an edging of some sort. So I borrowed Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge (I'm a librarian, so I get to borrow anything I want from interlibrary loan--yahoo!). The edging I chose is Angel Wings (or Wings of an Angel...can't remember). It's very oldfashioned-looking, which I like. I'm really eager to finish it so I can see the whole thing. It's hard to judge right now, but I'm hoping the bizarre color choice will work with the old-fashioned style. We'll see.

Here's a close-up shot of the edge:

Angel Wings on a blankey

I'm finally at the stage where I can do the pattern repeats without looking at the pattern every row. That makes it easier to make a portable project.

Other non-knitting news: the Nerdy Knitter & her Nerdy Hubby went to the eye doctor today--very exciting for those of us who wear glasses & haven't had new prescriptions in years. And the great news is that my prescription has improved! I'm just sorry I waited this long for the appointment because it's going to be 2 weeks before the new-and-improved glasses arrive, and we're going to Nerdy Hubby's 20th high school reunion this weekend. It would have been nice to be sporting my new specs for that event. Oh well. No biggie.

The Never-Ending Baby Blanket isn't knitting itself--what is wrong with this picture? I only have a few minutes before I'm due back at work, and I need to give that baby (blanket) some attention.

Happy Monday, everyone!

1 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger CraftyGryphon said...

Woah, the Swallotail Shawl is lovely! Which IK is it from (or is it out on knittingdaily?)...

Nonono, I don't need to start another shawl, I've got two.. no, three... going as it is...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home