9.22.2007

Do you believe in magic?

I'm sitting in my comfy, happy office, listening to our local oldies station, which is playing Shaun Cassidy's "Do You Believe In Magic." Ah, life is good!

Here's a random piece of Nerdy Trivia: Shaun Cassidy is the only person to whom I wrote a fan letter when I was a little girl. I was smitten. I never heard back from him, now that I think about it. Hmph! Anyone reading this know Shaun Cassidy? Tell him he owes me a letter!

Knitting news? You want knitting content? Sheesh!

Okay--I finished my Swallowtail Shawl and blocked it yesterday. No photos yet. It's teeny, but usable. I'm glad I increased it by 60 stitches, though--I don't think it would have covered my shoulders much in its original size. I used almost exactly one skein of Malabrigo laceweight...that's 470 yds. Now I have another skein to play with since I bought 2. Yahoo!

I've joined another knitalong--this one's a mystery like MS3. It starts 10/5. It's called the Secret of the Stole, and is a group in Yahoo. I would link to it, but I'm at home and my mac doesn't let me do hyperlinks for some reason. So, go to groups.yahoo.com and do a search for "Secret of the Stole" and then request to join. Hurry--it's closing soon!

My friend, Michelle--see sidebar for her blog link since I can't hyperlink--told me about this KAL. We both did MS3, too. Fun!

So right now, I've joined a secret theme swap (see previous post for the link to that) and the Secret of the Stole. I think that's enough for now.

I'm hoping to knit a few things for Christmas gifts this year, but I'm not sure yet what they might be. I'll need to reserve some time in my knitting schedule, though. I really like the net shopping bags I've been seeing around; I think that might be a fun gift. And I love my Newsboy Cap so much I'd like to find someone else who might wear one...I could make one in a day or two.

Phooey--the radio station switched over to some psychedelic weirdness. What happened to Shaun? Sigh.

Miss Marple (Agatha Christie character) is calling me (I've got a netflick), so this is all for now. The radio's going off, the DVD's going in, and I'm picking up the never-ending pinwheel baby blanket (gets bigger on every other round, and is on size 4 needles; what was I thinking?).

Happy weekend!

2 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Ger's sister here, I realise from reading your blog that you are not Judy from Dublin and apologies. Hope you have enough info on Ger. Let me know if you need more. Good luck and love your blogs and your lace knitting - really cool.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

Hee hee! My very first crush was Shaun Cassidy! Oh he was just so cute. His was the first record I ever owned. Whatever happened to him. Must google sometime.

Your ambitious with the knitting. I started freaking about the Christmas knitting ages ago. No way I'm ever going to get done.

And Miss Marple is Love. Is it with Joan Hickson? I love those and secretly hope to own the collection one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home