1.14.2008

And voila--finished objects!

Here's a really easy way to look productive: let your hubby borrow your camera, then post all of the long-overdue photos all at once. It's not a patented idea--you, too, can use it. Go ahead--it'll make you feel really good, honest.


Here goes:

1. Here's the pair of socks I made to repay a coworker for his help on our Bathroom Renovation Saga (pattern Wendy's generic toe-up; yarn some mystery wool found in my LYS's 40% off bin; needles, US 7, I think):




















And here is my headless body wearing my new sweater (pattern a Garn Studio pattern; yarn, Elann alpaca and Elann cotton; needle size...can't remember):


















And here is the cute-as-a-button bunny I made last night (Kate Gilbert pattern; yarn: Sidar "Snuggly Confetti"; needles: US 10; size: "Momma"):























And, saving the best-looking for last, here is my niece in her Cabled Newsboy Cap:























As you can see, I've been a little distracted of late, and haven't started the Elizabeth Zimmerman sweater for Nerdy Hubby...it's percolating in my brain as I continue to read Knitting Without Tears, honest. I need time to digest everything, and to get a clear picture of what I'm planning before I jump in and start.



Plus the bunny was just too cute to put off for even one day--I bought the yarn yesterday, made the whole thing in one shot yesterday afternoon/evening, and started the "baby" size this morning. So cute and cuddly!


And, just because I can, I have another photo for you--this is what I saw when I went walking yesterday:


Yup, those are cows...loose, wandering on the road. They were kneeling on either side of the road when I drove by earlier, and didn't budge when my car passed between them, but as soon as I, harmless little Nerdy Knitter, walked by, they got up & left. Hmph!






And because I can't sign off without a cute photo of my pooch, here's the Beast looking cute as can be at Nerdy Parents' house last month:




Henry says, "Happy Monday, everyone!"

6 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger Kathleen C. said...

That is a super cute newsboy cap! It's so hard to find cute but trendy things to make for teenagers. Where did you find the pattern?

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

Awwwww, cute pooch – oh, and um, lovely FOs too!! (Don’t dogs always come first? :0) Love the bunny!

I have a cow story for you: I was once walking my dogs and stumbled on a loose cow. We walked past and another corn field or two and ran into a random farmer. I told him that I didn’t know if it was his or not, but there was a loose cow back there. He looked at me and asked (seriously) Oh, which one was it? *jaw drops* I think I just replied I had no idea; it was just wandering around loose. I would have liked to have said that I’d forgotten to ask its name and should I go back and strike up a conversation with it? Perhaps I could have convinced her to mosey on home by herself before dinner time…

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Cute bunny, funny cows..and the newsboy hat is great!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Kathleen C. said...

Thanks for the comment with the pattern info! I even have that book!
I will have to check it out.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Fun pictures! Love the cute one of Henry!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Love the socks, bunny and cap. Your dog sounds adorable. Having great fun with Daisy at the moment. Happy New Year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home