2.15.2008

For distraction since I can't knit (pout!)

This is the little ascot I made while I was sick on the couch (before I was immobilized):

Huckleberry Ascot

Here's the end, with the cute little bobbles:



The pattern is the Huckleberry Ascot from the Interweave Knits Holiday 2007 issue. It's supposed to be shorter, but I used larger needles than it recommended because the yarn needle size was larger. It feels like cozy down, and is sooo snuggly. I love it! And I have about .75 of the 2nd skein left to use for something luxurious. The yarn is Louisa Harding's Kimono Angora. Sigh. I love it.

Meanwhile, a tale of woe:
I frogged the Elizabeth Zimmerman sweater. Yup, the whole thing. Nerdy Hubby tried it on after I blocked it, and it was certainly bigger, but not big enough to be a useful, throw-over-everything kind of cardigan. The sleeves were really skinny, too, so I just couldn't rationalize letting it be (no matter how hard I tried!).

The sweater is actually the cause of neck problem, so maybe it's a good thing I'm starting over. Now I'll use all of the things I've learned when I start again. I need to plan for ease, and want to make some effort to shape the neck a bit more than the EZ pattern does. So, back to the drawing board for that one.

Meanwile, I'm waiting for yarn to arrive to do a sample knit project--a 45" throw in a cable pattern on bulky yarn. I have to get better in time to start that project--it's due in a month!

I'm definitely on the mend--the chiropractor said today that I only have to come back next week if I'm still feeling pain--that's a good sign. I've gone 3 times this week!

Thanks to the commenters who wished me well--I appreciated every good vibe sent my way. It has been a long time since I hurt that much--ick, I say!

Happy Friday--I hope the rest of you get to knit (not that I'm bitter or anything).

5 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frogged the whole thing? Ohmygod. If it's any consolation, I've visited the frog pond twice - twice, mind you - on a project I'm doing with Doceur et Soie. It's very fine and fuzzy and a PITA to frog. Grrrrrr.
Janice

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Hope you get better quick! and if the sweater caused the neck injury and doesn't even have the gumption to fit right...frog is the best thing for it! You show it who's boss....

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

Awwwww, Henry's own little badge, how cute!

Thanks for the doggy compliments. I went back and read that post on OMG, the grammar and punctuation! Ouch. It hurts. Plus, I just noticed how grey T has gone. Poor old man.

Thanks for dropping by!

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Ing. said...

Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I fixed the link to Marabou Beret, so you should be able to download it without further problems.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Love the ascot! Sorry to hear about the frogging. I'm sure the next attempt will be perfect! Sorry to hear about your fall, but so happy you are on the mend! Keep feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home