I've been tagged!I'm till here in San Diego, so for your reading pleasure, here's what I've got. My friend, Cindy, tagged me on her blog:
Rules are posted at the beginning. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their names. Then the player goes to each of the “named” people’s blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. If you’ve been tagged, you do the same, letting the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer. They, in turn, answer the following questions. Here we go!
1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Exactly ten years ago this month, I was dating someone 2-3 hours away from me. That ended in September, however, and I met my husband-to-be in October, so everything worked out okay in the end.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today?
go to my last plenary session (I'm at a week-long conference)
pack, check for left-behind things, pack again, check again for left-behind things
meet up with my friend, Glenn, for a fun day in San Diego
get to the airport in time to catch my red-eye flight home to my honey & our poochie
take a shower soon--I'm procrastinating, and will probably end up running late!
3. Snacks I enjoy:chips and salsa (basically anything and salsa)
4. Places I’ve lived:Virginia: Afton, Charlottesville; New York: North Yonkers, White Plains, Albany, Geneseo; New Jersey: Highland Park (3 different addresses), Wayne, Haledon
5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I would support some grassroots organization doing something important like working with underpriviledged families to help them succeed and move forward, or a literacy program, or an arts program--or maybe all of them. I'm going to be a billionaire, after all. Then I'd start some sort of animal rescue thing. We'd buy the neighbors' extra land that is on "our side" of the stream to expand our "estate." We'd tear down our house & build a new one farther from the road. I'd go to the Folk School as many times as I wanted. I think we'd probably have to buy a boat to keep Nerdy Hubby happy. Oh, and a 2nd home somewhere near water.
So there you have it. Now I’m tagging Ellen, Cathy, Erin, Lesley, and Michelle. Tag - you all are it!