7.09.2008

A photoless update

Well, here I sit, feeling a bit battered & bruised after minor laproscopic surgery yesterday. Sadly, no knitting happened yesterday, but I've managed to get back to it today.

The procedure was a success, so that's good, but my poor little nerdy body is a tad sore today. And, of course, the pain killer makes me itchy, so taking it is only for emergencies. I'm still itchy, and haven't taken it since 4am!

So we'll see how long I can go w/o any meds. The pain isn't really pain exactly, more soreness and discomfort, which isn't a big deal. I'll be fine.

I have knitting news, but no photos since I'm at home with good ol' dial-up.

I finished a Papa-size bunny stuffie for a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend. That went in the mail today. It looks a lot like the bunny I made a few months ago for Nephew3's 2nd birthday. Same yarn, different size bunny.

I finally finished the Provincial Waistcoat--put on buttons, sewed seams, and blocked the thing. I was a little nervous about it at first because it was veeery long, but once it dried, it shrunk back up a bit, and now it's not bad. I've only tried it on over t-shirts, not actual garments meant to under a vest, so we'll see how it looks once I'm properly garbed. Someday. I might get out of pjs sometime this weekend. Maybe.

I'm making my own version of a mystery shawl--my Mystery Theme Swap2 partner sent me a pattern designed by someone at her LYS in Florida. The pattern is for a shawl to highlight JoJoland's Melody Superwash yarn in a green colorway. So I'm making a lacy green shawl without any photo of the finished thing. It's kind of fun. I'm about 1/3 of the way through, so I have a pretty good idea of what it's going to look like. It's a stole rather than a triangular shawl, and I've already done the edging for the first short end, and the whole body is the same 14-row repeat, so it's pretty clear what that will look like, then I do the same edging for the other end and kitchener it to the body. Then there's a picot edging for the long sides, and that's "it." The body lace repeat is a bit tedious so I'm also working on a small portable project to break up the monotony. I'm about 2/3 of the way through with that, and will not post any photos yet because it doesn't look like much (yet).

I've been spending a significant amount of my computer time on my new best friend, Plurk. It's so fun--it's like instant messaging, but better because your little entries stick around and people can respond to them at their leisure. Check it out--I'm nerdyknitter on there. You can read some of my plurks at the side of this-here blog. If you join, invite me to be your friend and we can plurk together. Fun-fun-fun!

Well, I've been sitting up for as long as my belly is willing, so I'd better repair to my recliner and my knitting.

Happy Wednesday, everyone.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

Get well soon! (but not before you get some quality knitting time out of it!) Hey, you might as well take any advantage you can from being sore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home