7.29.2008

Ever have one of those days?

You know, when everyone you meet reminds you of another person? I'm having one of those weeks--I'm in San Diego for a Nerdy Librarians event, and everyone in my cohort really, really reminds me of someone in my life, yet every last one of these librarians is a complete stranger to me. I think I'm living in a deja vu week, which is really unsettling, let me tell you!

I've been in San Diego since 11:00 yesterday, and am so incredibly exhausted, I can barely think straight. Our event is called "Immersion," and they weren't kidding! We've been on the go, mentally, since 8am, and we just now finished before 9pm. We have 3 more full days, and one half day, all with the same schedule. But it's energizing at the same time because we're talking about information literacy and instruction and getting cool new ideas, and learning ways to improve what we do. That's all good--just a lot of it to fit into a short time, and an already-full brain.

I brought my knitting, and (gasp!) haven't touched it. How's that for tired, huh? So what am I still doing awake, you ask? It might (might, I say) be the swim meet that's happening at the pool just outside the window of the dorm where we're staying at UCSD; can you hear the whistles and the shouting? I can!

So I'm going to entertain you with photos of things I've already mentioned, but haven't shown.

This is just complete silliness--it's a terribly fuzzy (fuzzy--that's a pun, you'll see) photo of Henry "wearing" the handmade item I gave to my secret swap pal. It's the Spiderweb Capelet from Stitch N Bitch Nation. Sorry it's not a better photo, but it still makes me laugh:

How does this look?
PS--making pompoms? Who knew it was such a time-consuming thing?!

Here's the not-so-mysterious "mystery" shawl I'm making for someone. The yarn is the self-striping JoJoland. Both the pattern & the yarn were gifts from a swap (Mystery Theme Swap) I did a few months back. Sorry the photo is a little blurry--I'm not doing very well w/my photography at the moment.

The big picture

I'm not sure if I posted this, and I'm too tired to check. This is my finished Provincial Waistcoat that I'm calling my tunic b/c it blocked out really long. I might try to reblock it, actually, b/c it's pretty long. But then again, it suits me in a weird way, so I might wait. (aside--you know I'm tired when I'm second guessing the spelling of "wait.")


My tunic-vest

And here's the "Papa" bunny I made for an acquaintance's relative's daughter, if that makes sense (I'm too numb to tell):
A bunny for a 3-year-old

So that's everything I have in my flickr "arsenal" at the moment. I finished a small project that just needs some buttons, and I'm working on the striping shawl. I haven't left the swirl shawl altogether, but I've had more pressing projects.

Stay tuned for more fun and games from San Diego (if I get a chance to breathe, that is).

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Judy,

I know of couple of cool Penn State knitting librarians who are at Immersion. Hope you're having fun!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger ckknitter said...

Hi Judy - Hope you find time to knit! Geez!!! Oh btw, you've been tagged! Go to my blog for instructions. See you soon, I hope!

Cindy K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home