5.02.2007

So close I can taste it!

I officially have 1/2 of the last RS charted row left to knit on my Icarus Shawl. Yahoo! I still have the loooooong WS row and 4 uncharted rows, and okay, the huuuuuuge bindoff row, but still! I'm almost there.

And I have my friend, Janice, to help me block the shawl on her blocking board. Double yahoo! I'm always nervous about blocking for some reason, and usually wait until I'll be seeing my mother, who is much better at it than I am. But this time I'm in a bit of a hurry to get the whole project off the needles and blocked (I have a secret plan which will be revealed soon).

I'm not sure what my next project will be...something with bigger needles, with heavier yarn, without a chart, I think.

I'm giving serious thought to devoting every other project to charity knitting, but haven't quite committed to that plan yet. We'll see.

Yesterday was my friend, John's birthday. Happy birthday John!!!

Now I'm off for a late-night trip to the grocery store. Ah, the exotic life of a nerdy knitter.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. :) I am a biased 'Mom' and agree that Bella is adorable... but she's a bundle of mischief too! I look forward to looking through your blog... (love your short hairdo). Bye for now, Sam.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not had the courage to tackle Icarus-I am lace and chart challenged. Thanks for visiting my blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home