4.12.2007

The nerdy vest is done!

Bess, from the comments (and from her incredibly interesting blog, of course) named the vest Nerdy Vest, which I love for so many reasons:

1. I'm "Nerdy Knitter"--that's a no-brainer
2. This vest is for my nerdy professor-to-be hubby
3. Vests in general are kinda nerdy, dontcha think? (Before anyone is offended, I like the term "nerdy," and think being "nerdy" is fun.)

So thanks, Bess, for the name, and for the encouragement.

Here's the finished product. You can follow the link to Flickr to get a few more shots. None is very good, I'm afraid. I'm waiting until the vest dries to get a photo shoot with Nerdy Model Hubby.

I must say I'm quite pleased with myself on this one--it's the first thing I've ever made w/o a step-by-step pattern designed by someone else. It's also the first thing I've ever made that actually fits the recipient like it was (wait for it...) made for him.

Hurrah!

Sorry--you want a photo, don't you?

Here goes:


Nerdy Vest, closer

I'll try for better photos tonight or tomorrow morning. We'll see how receptive Nerdy Hubby is to modeling for me.

5 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Iris G said...

Hey Judy, that's a Handsome vest! Great job!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Definitely want to see a modeled shot. If hubbo is shy, just tell him you'll cut off his head! (in the picture) How often do you get to say THAT?

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Krista said...

That's a wonderful vest!

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice vest!

Tell him that we think he is cute and we want to see more of him. I saw a picture once and I can say that it is not a lie. Nerdy hubby = cutie.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :) that turned out beautifully, and I love the classic styling - something he'll be able to wear for years to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home