4.04.2007

What fun ideas you all have

Thanks to all of you for the comments and suggestions; I'm really leaning toward the Icarus Shawl after seeing Grace's photos. It's lovely AND I have the magazine at home. Yahoo!

First I have to finish Nerdy Hubby's vest, though...I'm just starting the 'v' shaping for the front, so I'm getting there. "Just" the neck shaping, then the shoulders, then the neck/armhole ribbing and seaming. Maybe another week or so and I'll be ready to start a new project.


I hope the vest fits after all of the measuring and math I've done. Oy! Not much longer and I'll know for sure. It's going to be very cold here this weekend--too bad I'm not closer to being done so Nerdy Hubby could wear it on the golf course.

You see, I'm going to see my Nerdy Parents in NYS and Nerdy Hubby's best friend is coming for a golf-obsessed weekend. It seems like the only time the weather takes a turn for the worse is when Nerdy Hubby has grand plans for outdoor activities. Poor guy--he's watching the forecast just in case there's a change...I hope the forecast changes, too, because the NYS forecast isn't so great, either. Below freezing at night? No way! It was over 80 degrees in VA yesterday, now it's supposed to be hovering at 33 tonight. That's craziness, I say!

Oh, how I wish I could knit at work. Unfortunately, I have work to do. I promised myself I'd sneak in a post if I completed a particular task, which I did. But that deal didn't include a major post, just a little mini-post. Back to work for this Nerdy Knitter!

2 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vest would go well with my new shoes. Better hurry up.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

One thing about Icarus--the pattern calls for only ~800 yards of yarn. You've got enough for three! Lovely yarn, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home