4.18.2006

how spoiled am I? not too bad...

I found this while reading a Knitting Vacation Swap-member's blog...

How Spoiled Are You?
Do you own:
( ) your own cell phone (I decided to say "no" to this one because I'm on my parents' "family" plan)
( ) a television in your bedroom (I don't get how this makes you spoiled...I have no desire to have a TV in my bedroom!)
( ) an iPod (boy, how I wish I had one of these!)
(x) a photo printer
(x) your own phone line
( ) TiVo or a generic digital video recorder
( ) high-speed internet access (i.e., not dialup) (Yup, we live in the boondocks where high-speed isn't available)
( ) a surround sound system in bedroom (again--why?!)
( ) DVD player in bedroom (see above)
() at least a hundred DVDs
(x) a childfree bathroom (easy when you don't have children)
(x) your own in-house office
( ) a pool
( ) a guest house
( ) a game room
(x) a queen-size bed or larger
( ) a stocked bar
(x) a working dishwasher
( ) an icemaker (I dream of having an icemaker, honest!)
(x) a working washer
( ) more than 20 pairs of shoes
( ) at least ten things from a designer store
( ) expensive sunglasses
(x) framed original art
( ) Egyptian cotton sheets or towels
() a multi-speed bike
( ) a gym membership
( ) large exercise equipment at home
( ) your own set of golf clubs (but what if I don't play golf?)
( ) a pool table
( ) a tennis court
( ) local access to a lake, large pond, or the sea
( ) your own pair of skis
( ) enough camping gear for a weekend trip in an isolated area
( ) a boat
( ) a jet ski
( ) a neighborhood committee membership
(x) a beach house or a vacation house/cabin (well, our families do, and we're welcome there, so this counts in my book)
( ) wealthy family members
(x) two or more family cars
( ) a walk-in closet or pantry
(x) a yard
(x) a hammock
( ) a personal trainer
(x) good credit
( ) expensive jewelry
( ) a designer bag that required being on a waiting list to get...(yet another item I don't understand...why bother?)
( ) at least $100 cash in your possession right now
( ) more than two credit cards bearing your name (not counting gas cards or debit cards)
( ) a stock portfolio
(x) a passport
( ) a horse
( ) a trust fund (either for you or created by you)
( ) private medical insurance (I'm confused by this...I have insurance provided by my job...is that "private?")
( ) a college degree, and no outstanding student loans (rats! I thought I got to say "yes" until I read the last part...)

Do you:
( ) shop for non-needed items for yourself (like clothes, jewelry, electronics) at least once a week
( ) do your regular grocery shopping at high-end or specialty stores
( ) pay someone else to clean your house, do dishes, or launder your clothes (not counting dry-cleaning)
( ) go on weekend mini-vacations
( ) send dinners back with every flaw
( ) wear perfume or cologne
( ) regularly get your hair styled or nails done in a salon
( ) have a job but don't need the money OR
( ) stay at home with little financial sacrifice
( ) pay someone else to cook your meals
( ) pay someone else to watch your children or walk your dogs
( ) regularly pay someone else to drive you
( ) expect a gift after you fight with your partner

Are you:
( ) an only child
( ) married/partnered to a wealthy person
( ) baffled/surprised when you don't get your way

Have you:
( ) been on a cruise
(x) traveled out of the country
(x) met a celebrity (my definition of a celebrity might differ from others' but I'm still counting it)
( ) been to the Caribbean
(x) been to Europe
( ) been to Hawaii (my plane to Australia stopped in Hawaii, and I think we even got off the plane, but I didn't [i]see[/i] anything, so I'm not going to count it)
(x) been to New York (this one's easy--I used to work there!)
( ) eaten at the space needle in Seattle
( ) been to the Mall of America
( ) been on the Eiffel tower in Paris
(x) been on the Statue of Liberty in New York (I can't see how this counts considering I used to live/work in the region...it wasn't being "spoiled," it was to entertain visitors)
(x) moved more than three times because you wanted to (well, "wanted to?" I guess so...)
( ) dined with local political figures
(x) been to both the Atlantic coast and the Pacific coast

Did you:
(x) go to another country for your honeymoon
(x) hire a professional photographer for your wedding or party
( ) take riding or swimming lessons as a child
( ) attend private school
( ) have a Sweet 16 birthday party thrown for you

Score: 23

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Janey said...

I went to the Knitting Vacation Swap member's blog but couldn't find the quiz about how spoiled I might be. (Mind you, I didn't look very hard.)

So I copied the questions from you, put my own answers in ... and got a score of 25.

Is there a ranking of how spoiled depending on how many x's are entered?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home