3.06.2006

Feeling almost-human again

So yesterday was one of those sickly days where I was still incredibly tired, but also starting to feel antsy. I managed to finish the last repeat on the back of Rhapsody in Tweed, with much trepidation. I'm still not sure if the fact that the piece measures about 25.25" and the pattern says it should be about 26" is a problem, considering I'm measuring an unblocked piece. The yarn is very soft and airy, and I imagine it doing a lot of stretching when it's blocked with wool-wash. So, I decided to go with what I have rather than knit an entire 7th pattern repeat, which would add 4" to the length. I hope it's the right thing to do!

Now I bind off for the neck shaping, and I'm good to go on the back. Then it's on to the front...more of the same. Sigh. Oh, and then another sleeve, and then the dreaded picking up of stitches for the neck. That's one of my worst "skills."

But the front should be fun--the cable pattern is engaging.

I'll try to take a photo of the back after Nerdy Hubby returns from his research trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home