2.25.2006

Sometimes it's a good thing to get what you wish for

First, a teeny bit of knitting content (no photos, though):

I am almost done with the third repeat of the cable pattern on the back of Nerdy Hubby's sweater. It looks a lot like what you saw in the single pattern repeat photo, so I didn't take another photo.

Now back to our "real" entry:

I spent a good part of my Thursday walk mentally composing an entry about my "perfect date" with Henry and how I was going to try my best to make it come true on Friday. I ran out of time to actually post it, of course, but it was a nice, idyllic scene of taking Henry to the dog park and playing with other dogs, then having a nice, relaxing afternoon at home, with Henry sacked out on the floor.

I was a little nervous, though, because Henry has a few issues that make going out of the house complicated. The first one: he doesn't walk well on a leash. The second: he doesn't ride well in the car.

But, I perservered, and boy, am I glad I did! He was such a good dog in the car! I was such an insanely proud "mommy" that I felt like I needed to call a friend and brag about my child. Yikes! I think I need to get out more, too.

Henry and his new friend, Goose, got to play, play, play all they wanted. They were both covered in dirt and dog slime by the time they were done. Those were some happy pooches. Henry was even really good in the car on the way home, which you would expect because he was tired, but that has not been the case in the past.

I don't want to jinx myself or tempt fate, but I hope this means there has been some sort of mental breakthrough with him and his previous car anxiety. We'll see. I keep seeing his Christmas road trip anxiety attack in my brain when I think about taking him places. The poor guy really didn't handle the car well then, and hasn't been in the car much since. But he was sooooo good!

It's supposed to get up to 60 degrees today, so I might try to take him again. If it's nice and sunny outside, there should be heaps of playful pooches at the dog park today. Lucky Henry! (And lucky me...I'll have a tired pooch, which will give me plenty o' knitting time!)

Yet another reason I'm a nerd: I feel compelled to brag to the world about my dog making it 30 minutes in the car without having an anxiety attack.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a nerdyy knitter but i like you.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Nerdy Knitter said...

FYI to anyone else who might be reading...the previous "anonymous" entry was from Nerdy Hubby. Hee hee. Isn't he sweet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home