2.23.2006

Reasons I'm a Nerdy Knitter, #1

So, I was knitting along last night, looking at my beautiful yarn (Tahki Donegal Tweed), and saw this gorgeous slub of color on my needle. Why is this nerdy? Because of how sad it made me to realize that the beautiful slub was going to end up on the reverse side of my knitting, never to see the light of day. Sigh. Nevermind the fact that there are dozens of other slubs already in the knitting, and countless more to come--that one missed opportunity made me very sad.

At least I can recognize my nerdiness and be amused by it, even if others aren't/can't.

Warning: Total change of topic ahead!

I have a plea for moral support: over the last 9 months I've lost about 22-23 pounds, and have gone down 3 clothing sizes. Yes, this is great, but for some reason, I'm losing interest in exercising and all of that jazz. The doctors say my goal should be to lose 30-50 pounds. So, technically, I'm only half-way to the high end of my goal. I don't know how I'll get there, honestly. I guess I could use some "atta-girls" or something...I don't know. This is not to say that I don't have great support from Nerdy Hubby--he is extremely supportive and tells me he's proud of me. I don't really know what I need to get "back on the wagon," but something has to happen to kick me in the butt to keep going. I'm dangerously close to the hateful stage of resenting every single healthy thing I have to do that no one else in the whole wide world has to do (like eat healthy, exercise, and take my medications). Okay, so maybe there are other people who have to do these things...maybe. But it's no fun, dammit!

On the other hand, what is fun is shopping for clothes and being 3 sizes smaller! If I can get myself motivated to lose about 5-10 more pounds, I'll be in single-digit clothing sizes!!!! I honestly can't tell you if I've ever (in my whole adolescent-through-grown-up life) been a single-digit size! So, maybe I can use that to keep going...maybe. It's a thought, but not a guarantee.

3 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atta-girl! you can do it! You've done so well - don't let all your hard work come undone! Get back on that wagon, young lady!

Toodeloo

Nic

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Judy! I admire your perseverance. I hear you about not ever having worn single digit sizes. Just think about how much better your handknitted sweaters will fit!

Michelle

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many people watch their weight all of their lives and eat healthy, and take their medicines, get excercise; I'm one. It's so much better now. I got my life back! I'm hoping you will stick it out and get your confidence and energy back soon. You are just having a little bit of mid diet blahs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home